Friday, March 15, 2013

Dragon Ball Z ep 188 - Bye-Bye Everyone!! Goku's Last Instantaneous Movement

Semi-Perfect "Fish Lips" Cell has returned.

Having been tossed around so hard by Gohan that he spat up #18, Cell has reverted back to his last form.

 And he's no match for Gohan.


But Gohan again doesn't listen to his father's advice, and continues to take pleasure to beating away at Cell. This goes on long enough that Cell concocts a whole new strategy -- Kamikaze. By expanding himself to a great, fat size, he has turned into a living bomb. And any shocks to his system will cause him to explode even sooner, so that all our heroes can do is sit and wait for Cell to detonate, and take the whole planet Earth with him.

But leave it to Son Goku to have one last plan to save everyone. 
"Bye-bye, everyone." 
"You did fine up to this point, Gohan."
"F-father..."
"Tell your mom that I'm sorry. I always selfishly did whatever I wanted. Goodbye, Gohan."
Using his Instantaneous Movement, Goku teleports himself and Cell far away.
"FATHER!!!"
"GOKU!"
"Don't you bring that thing here!"
"Sorry about this, Kaio-sama! This was the only place!"
And in a great explosion meant for Earth, Kaio's planet is destroyed.

Gohan blames himself for his father's death.
Kuririn does all he can to comfort the child.

But for Goku, dying isn't that big of a deal!
Indeed, Kaio-sama is taking it much harder than he is.
"I absolutely cannot believe what you did. I am Kaio! I'm the most important person in this world! I'm higher even than Kami-sama! And yet... And YET... for the sake of Earth, a single planet, you used me like this!!"
"I apologized over and over again, ain't I?"
"Kaio-sama, you sure are on my back, huh? There wasn't any other way I could think of!"
"GOKU! Mind your language! How dare you say I'm on your back!"
I guess when you've already died, and been judged to keep your body for eternity, dying is no big deal, huh?

But what is a big deal is the lack of Cell's spirit. He should have went straight to Yama-sama's place to be judged (like Goku was, the first time he died). But since he hasn't... that could only mean...

Cell isn't dead.

1 comment: