Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Piccolo Day 2012!


"People of the world! Take a good look! I am your new king, Piccolo Daimao-sama! Now that everyone has seen the ruined King Castle, I believe you all know just how strong I am. I suppose I should discuss my plans as the world's new king now. First I'll tell you what words I despise the most. Those words would be "Justice" and "Peace". I'll just mention it now, but I have no intention of governing and controlling the people! On the contrary, you can do whatever you like in my kingdom! I hereby abolish the word "peace". War, violence, robbery, murder! You're free to do anything! No one will stop you! Criminals! Do what you love to do! We Demon Clansmen will eliminate all who cling to the idea of "justice"! Ours will be a spectacular world overflowing with evil and terror!"

It is May 9th, the day Piccolo Daimao declared Piccolo Day when he became ruler of the world. But how does one celebrate Piccolo Day? Well, it's a lot like Christmas, only with more death and terror. Every year, Piccolo chooses a place on Earth, by Earth's own numbering conventions, and destroys it. The Dragon World is divided into 43 districts. Our own world, however, is divided into 24.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

As part of the fun for Piccolo Day, I, standing in for our glorious King Piccolo, will randomly select one of the 24 timezones for Piccolo Daimao to obliterate this year. In 24 years, when Piccolo goes through them all, I can let this blog retire. Maybe. As of this writing, I have not selected the time zone. More on that, after the break...


I picked 10!! Which means, this year, King Piccolo isn't blowing up anything but fish. But still! Mid-Atlantic GMT, your days are numbered.... to Zero!


So long, GMT -2!!

Happy Piccolo Day, friends!

5 comments: